Over 2 days you will learn invaluable tools that will have a dramatic impact on your horse’s ground manners and make you the effective leader that your horse needs.
- You will learn how very common owner “bad habits” and “bad timing” lead to many problems seen in horses, which can quickly escalate into much more serious/dangerous horse behaviour.
- If you own, or have ever worked with a horses that barges/kicks/bites/rears/won’t load into a trailer or lorry/is scared or of nervous disposition then this course is for you to find out why they behave the way they do!
- You will learn about and how to use the Dually Halter correctly, and how to establish clear rules and boundaries for your horse.
- Begin to “read” your horse so you can spot potential issues before they escalate, this will help you gain confidence whether you are on the ground or in the saddle.
- Learn how the more a horse trusts you on the ground, the more trust and respect he will have for you when you are in the saddle.
- How to structure your training for a better more successful outcome when dealing with common issues (Clipping, Farrier, Vet, Stable vices and much more!)
Behaviour around food is often an issue – come and learn how to get a well behaved horse when food is brought into the mix
This course can be combined with the other modular courses to count towards the Monty Roberts Introductory Certificate of Horsemanship. Horses and equipment provided.
Attended a great 2 day Ground Manners Course with Chris last weekend. Already putting some of the techniques into practice and amazingly enough… it works! Would highly recommend Chris.
|When:||5-6th May @ Ditchling Common, Sussex
12-13th May @ George Green, Slough/Uxbridge
30th June-1st July @ Ditchling Common, Sussex
|Where:||George Green, Slough OR Ditchling Common, Sussex|
|Cost||£200 * 15% DISCOUNT AVAILABLE UNTIL JAN 31ST
FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED AT TIME OF BOOKING
|Bookings:||Please complete the Application Form
Local accommodation list can be provided, please ask if required
Please note: ALL COURSES SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PLEASE SEE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING A PLACE