*Everything you do with your horse is at its core a leading exercise.. standing still to be mounted, trotting up for the vet, walking to the fields, loading into a trailer, behaviour in the stable… They’re all connected, and will also affect riding behaviour & confidence
Over 2 days you will learn invaluable tools that will have a dramatic impact on your horse’s behaviour and how to achieve your training goals in a way the horse understands & gains confidence from.
- You will learn how very common owner “bad habits” and “bad timing” lead to many problems seen in horses, which can quickly escalate into much more serious/dangerous horse behaviour.
- If you own, or have ever worked with a horses that barges/kicks/bites/rears/won’t load into a trailer or lorry/is scared or of nervous disposition then this course is for you to find out why they behave the way they do!
- You will learn about and how to use the Dually Halter correctly, and how to establish clear rules and boundaries for your horse.
- Begin to “read” your horse so you can spot potential issues before they escalate, this will help you gain confidence whether you are on the ground or in the saddle.
- Learn how the more a horse trusts you on the ground, the more trust and respect he will have for you when you are in the saddle.
- How to structure your training for a better more successful outcome when dealing with common issues (Clipping, Farrier, Vet, Stable vices and much more!) Everything is a “leading” exercise..
- Behaviour around food is often an issue – come and learn how to get a well behaved horse when food is brought into the mix
Test out your skills on the obstacle course…. and learn why all training should be fun
Learn why teaching a horse to stand still and ground tying can help develop their own self confidence and would solve some common behaviours I’m called into fix..
This course can be combined with the other modular courses to count towards the Monty Roberts Introductory Certificate of Horsemanship. All Horses and equipment provided, it’s not an option to bring your horse with you for these courses
|When:||Available all year round on private basis.|
June 19-20 (sold out)
July 17-18 (sold out)
|Where:||Near Ditchling Common, Sussex|
|Cost||£195 Standard Course |
Book for 2 £340 (saving £50)
£250 Private Option per person.
|Bookings:|| Buy Here and then Complete the Booking Form|